What Personal Data Do We Collect and Why We Collect It
For a better experience, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, which is detailed below.
Log Data and Analytics
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our site, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
We use only local cookies (no third-party cookies) to simply your experience on our web site.
When you book a tour, you will be asked to provide:
- Your name – This is used only to identify you as the primary contact on the booking.
- Your email address – This is used only to contact you regarding your booking.
- Your contact number – This is used only to contact you before or on the date of your tour regarding your tour.
- Credit card details – Your credit card information is used to make payment.
- Diet restrictions –We ask this so we may make arrangements for your meal that are in line with your allergies, if applicable
How long we retain your data
All provided information at any of the points detailed above is retained indefinitely.
What rights do you have to your data
If you have contacted or booked a tour with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, tax or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Your data is only used for the purposes of:
- Managing your booking
- Marketing our tours
- Communicating with you
- Analysis to improve our customer experience and tours
We will NEVER sell your data to a third party.
We protect your data by:
- Using best practices to secure our web site
- Not sharing your data with any third party that does not play a role in fulfilling your booking
- Giving you the right to request your data
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it such as SSL security. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What happens if there is a data breach
A personal data breach is defined as a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by our company.
If there is a data breach involving your personal data, you will be notified by us immediately. The notification will include the type of breach and details on which personal data has been affected.
In addition, we will identify the cause of the breach and will make changes to rectify the security issue.